We’re an enthusiastic, diverse, creative group of passionate BookCrossers from the Washington Metro Area (which includes Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C.). We have at least one meetup a month, sometimes more if there are fun events going on.
Some of BCinDC’s activities include:
- Meetups with book exchanges & buffets
- Holding tables at local book fairs to give away thousands of books and spread the word about BookCrossing (examples include: Random House Book Fair, Kensington Day of the Book Festival, Fall for the Book Festival, Census Rally, Gaithersburg, and more)
- Attending the National Book Festival in DC annually to meet with Library Thing users and to give away free books here and there
- Trips to The Book Thing in Baltimore (a free book depository)
- Having parties with “secret book” exchanges or dressing books up in costumes
- Road trips to visit other BookCrossing groups and Official BookCrossing Zones
- Meeting out-of-town BookCrossers
- Going on release walks (examples include: ghost tours, zoo trips, and releasing while visiting historical sites)
- Holding a BookCrossing Birthday Bash celebration in 2009
- Hosting the 2011 Convention
- So much more!
If you are new to the area, please join our Yahoo group and check out the blog feed on this site to see what we’re up to.
Click to join BC_DC
If you are visiting our area, we would certainly love to meet up with you! Please contact us and let us know when you have time to meet up. We can also play tour guide for you and help you experience the area through a BookCrosser’s eyes.